One-pot dinners aren’t solely nice as a result of they save on washing up however they’re normally extremely easy too, identical to this hen ratatouille.
We have used a lot of summer season greens however you would use any seasonal veg that’s appropriate for roasting. Simply be sure you lower up into items which is able to all cook dinner at related occasions or add in any fast cooking veg in the direction of the top.
Hen is nice right here however you would additionally use fish, corresponding to salmon, although this may solely want 15 minutes, so pop the fillets on high of the greens later into cooking.
- Warmth the oven to 200C, Gasoline 6. Combine collectively the aubergine, courgette, purple onion peppers, olives and garlic cloves in your roasting tin, drizzle over a 2tbsp olive oil and blend along with your palms. Tuck within the basil leaves and scatter over the thyme leaves.
- Place the cherry tomatoes on high of the greens, quarter the lemon, squeeze the juice over the greens and tuck the squeezed quarters within the vegetable combine.
- Rub the hen breasts with 2tbsp olive oil and place pores and skin aspect up on high of the greens. Season throughout with salt and pepper. Roast within the oven for 30-35mins till the hen breasts are cooked by means of.
- 1 giant aubergine, chopped into chunks
- 2 courgettes, halved lengthways, deseeded and chopped
- 2 purple onions, chopped
- 1 purple pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- small handful of pitted inexperienced olives
- 4 garlic cloves, bashed
- 4tbsp additional virgin olive oil
- small bunch basil, leaves solely
- few sprigs of thyme, leaves picked
- 250g cherry tomatoes, on the vine
- 1 lemon
- 4 hen breasts, pores and skin on
- You will have:
- a big roasting tin
Why not use halloumi?
Exchange the hen with halloumi – pop on the veg for the final 15 minutes of cooking!