That is that point of the yr once more. Our quest for all issues chilled and refreshing is unending and opening your freezer to an empty ice tray is a disaster. Everyone knows that it’s all set to get hotter within the coming months and there’s nothing a lot you are able to do about it. You’ll be able to, nonetheless, sit at house and deal with your self with some home made coolers. One thing as conventional and heartwarming as Shikanji? Shikanji is a lemon-based drink made with a bunch of herbs and cooling spices. In contrast to nimbu pani, shikanji isn’t totally candy, making it best for individuals who don’t like their summer time drinks laden with sugar.
(Additionally Learn: 10 Wonderful Summer time Meals for Youngsters to Preserve Them Energetic)
On this recipe video, meals vlogger Parul exhibits us methods to make Shikanji in 4 kinds. Whereas the primary is the common water-based shikanji, the opposite three are made with soda water, watermelon juice and mango juice. What binds them collectively is the unbelievable Shikanji masala the recipe of which can be shared within the video proper firstly.
(Additionally Learn: 7 Greatest Summer time Drinks Recipes | Refreshing Summer time Drinks Recipes)
Right here is Shikanji masala recipe:
1. Warmth a pan, decrease the flame.
2. Add jeera or cumin seeds and roast till fragrant. Change off the gasoline.
3. Switch the jeera on to a plate, and add some unroasted cumin seeds adopted by black pepper.
4. Switch the jeera and black pepper right into a grinding jar, add inexperienced cardamom, black salt, salt, dry ginger powder. Grind and make a superb powder.
5. Your masala is prepared, retailer in an air-tight container for a yr.
6. Put a saucepan on warmth. Add water and sugar in equal components. Let the sugar soften. Flip off the flame and let it cool. Your sugar syrup is prepared, you’ll be able to retailer it in fridge for 20 minutes.
With the assistance of this concoction you’ll by no means face hassle mixing sugar in your shikanji.
How To Make Shikanji, Water-Based mostly and Soda-Based mostly, At Dwelling:
1. Grind some mint leaves in a mortar and pestle.
2. Take two glasses.
3. Add lemon juice, sugar syrup you simply ready, shikanji masala, adopted by ice cubes, mint leaves.
4. In a single glass add water, prime it off with a lemon wedge and mint leaf.
5. In one other glass add soda water, combine it nicely. High it off with mint leaf and lemon wedge.
Watermelon Shikanji Recipe:
1. Grind watermelon cubes.
2. Take a glass, add sugar syrup, ice cubes, shikanji masala, and watermelon juice. Combine nicely.
3. Add soaked sabja seeds garnish with mint leaf.
Mango Shikanji Recipe:
1. Take a glass, add lemon juice, adopted by sugar syrup, shikanji masala powder and ice cubes.
2. Add mango juice. Combine nicely. Garnish with mint leaves and lemon wedge.
Watch recipe video of Immunity-Boosting Shikanji Masala right here:
About Sushmita SenguptaSharing a powerful penchant for meals, Sushmita loves all issues good, tacky and greasy. Her different favorite pastime actions aside from discussing meals consists of, studying, watching films and binge-watching TV exhibits.