Dig-In Meals – A column highlighting Indian spices in recipes that take conventional Indian meals and add a western twist!
Summer time is right here and which means we’re spending quite a lot of time outside, participating in family-friendly summer season actions and yard cookouts. These quick summer season recipes provide you with extra time for what actually issues: picnics, sunsets, and pool time. Most of those recipes are simple to make forward and assemble proper earlier than you eat and pair superbly with a summer season cocktail or sangria.
Paneer Tikka Salad
Comes collectively shortly, most might be made forward and tossed when serving.
For Paneer tikka :
- 400 grams of Paneer
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp Kashmiri crimson chili powder
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 2 tsp cumin-coriander powder (dhana jeeru)
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp amchur (dry mango powder)
- 1/2 tsp black salt
- Salt to style
- 2 tbsp finely chopped recent coriander
For the Salad :
- 1 cup of chopped cucumbers (Persian most well-liked as they’re seedless)
- 2 medium onions sliced (I choose to grill these too)
- 1 medium capsicum sliced (I choose to grill these too)
- 2 tbsp finely chopped recent coriander
- 1/2 cup corn kernels (frozen or recent)
- 3 inexperienced chilies finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- Salt to style
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- In a bowl add the oil and Kashmiri crimson chili powder and blend nicely.
- Subsequent add the remainder of the components to make a easy paste: yogurt, floor ginger, cumin, coriander, garam masala, dry mango powder, black salt, salt, coriander.
- Reduce the Paneer into medium sized chunks and marinate it within the ready paste. Coat the paneer fully and relaxation it in a single day or for just a few hours.
- Grill, or airfry/bake until golden brown on all sides.
- In a big mixing bowl add all of the greens underneath the salad. Add the grilled paneer. Combine nicely.
Spiced Indian Corn (Vaghareli Makai)
A roadside staple rising up!
- 2 crimson chilis, seeded and sliced
- 2 medium garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 one-inch piece of recent ginger finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon floor turmeric
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoon ghee
- 11/2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 3 cups (about 3 giant ears) grilled recent corn kernels
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- 1 cup finely chopped cilantro
- lemon or lime wedges
- 2 tablespoons sev
- Grind the chilis, garlic, ginger, turmeric, and salt to a easy paste.
- Warmth the ghee in a wok. Add the mustard seeds await them to pop,
- Stir within the corn kernels and prepare dinner a couple of minutes, stirring steadily, till tender.
- Stir within the peanuts, half of the cilantro and half of the paste. Cook dinner for one more minute then style. If desired, for added warmth, add extra of the paste.
- Take away from warmth and squeeze some lemon/lime juice. Sprinkle with sev.
Aloo Chaat Pizza
- 2 medium potatoes, sliced into skinny slices
- 1/2 teaspoon chaat masala
- 1/2 teaspoon Kashmiri crimson chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/3 cup Pur Spices Inexperienced Chutney Powder (so yummy! or use do-it-yourself inexperienced cilantro chutney)
- 11/4 cups grated cheese (I used double cream gouda cheese)
- salt to style
- 1 lb pizza dough do-it-yourself or store-bought
To drizzle on pizza earlier than serving:
- White truffle oil
- chaat masala
- cilantro chutney or Pur Spices Inexperienced Chutney Powder (the powder helps it not develop into too soggy)
- candy tamarind chutney
- Rinse and thinly slice the potatoes(It’s essential to slice them skinny right here to ensure that the potatoes to prepare dinner evenly within the oven.)
- Place the potato slices in closely salted chilly water for a half-hour.
- Pre-heat oven to 475 F levels. Drain the potatoes, pat dry utilizing a kitchen towel, and switch them to a bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil, 1/2 teaspoon chaat masala, 1/2 teaspoon Kashmiri crimson chili powder, and 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder to the potato slices and toss till the slices are coated.
- Put together your pizza dough by stretching it into your required form. Sprinkle some cornmeal on the pan place the ready pizza.
- Brush the dough evenly with oil, then prick with a fork and bake at 475 F for 4 to five minutes. (We’re simply pre-baking the crust a little bit right here.)
- Take away from oven and unfold 1/3 cup of cilantro powder or chutney throughout.
- Prime with grated cheese.
- Now, begin arranging the potato slices, in a single layer or overlapping, relying on what number of slices you will have.
- Bake 475 for 10/quarter-hour till the cheese melts and potatoes are evenly browned.
- Broil for two minutes to get the topping a pleasant brown high
- Take away pizza from the oven, sprinkle with chaat masala, drizzle with cilantro chutney and candy tamarind chutney.
- Garnish with cilantro.
Curried Cauliflower Road Tacos
You may substitute cauliflower for pork. I garnish with avocado, cilantro, cashew, yogurt crema, pico de gallo, cotija cheese, and finely chopped jalapeño. You may add any garnish of your alternative.
- 1 giant head of cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons further virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Achaar Masala (I take advantage of Pur Spices Achaar Masala powder)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 Cup Purple Onion (grated or chopped)
- 2 cups spring greens
- 1″ Ginger (recent ginger, peeled)
- 2 Garlic (cloves)
- 1/2 tsp Purple Pepper Powder (delicate paprika)
- 1/2 tbsp Curry Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 8 crispy tostadas
- 1/4 cup recent cilantro roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 lemon minimize into wedges
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Take away the outer leaves from the cauliflower and minimize them into small, bite-sized florets.
- Warmth oil in a pan, add the cumin seeds, as soon as they pop, add the onion, prepare dinner until translucent. Add the achaar masala and salt.
- Add the cauliflower and toss till well-coated.
- Cook dinner until the cauliflower is tender. Alternatively, you can too unfold the cauliflower in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes, tossing midway by way of, till it’s tender and barely crispy.
- To Assemble Tacos: Heat tortillas shells in microwave or oven.
- On every taco add 2-3 tablespoon curry cauliflower, high with avocado, cilantro, cashew, yogurt crema, pico de gallo, cotija cheese, and finely chopped jalapeño. Add a splash of lemon/lime juice earlier than consuming.
Mona Shah is a multi-platform storyteller with experience in digital communications, social media technique, and content material curation for Twitter and LinkedIn for C-suite executives. A journalist and editor, her expertise spans tv, cable information, and magazines. An avid traveler and foodie, she loves artisan meals and discovering hidden gems: eating places, recipes, locations. She might be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org