MADISON, Wis. (WMTV) – A bit pre-planning may also help you save money and time, whereas consuming a nutritious, balanced meal on the go, in school or on the workplace. Angie Horkan with the Wisconsin Beef Council demonstrates some simple breakfast and dinner recipes.
Simply brown-up, bake-up, sauté-up or grill-up these recipes forward of time and luxuriate in pre-planned meals for the remainder of the week.
Beef Sausage & Egg Muffin Cups
- 1 recipe Primary Nation Beef Breakfast Sausage (recipe follows)
- 1 can (4-1/2 ounces) chopped inexperienced chiles, undrained
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
- 5 giant eggs
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat milk
- 1 to 2 teaspoons common or chipotle sizzling pepper sauce
- Chopped inexperienced onion or chives, chopped tomato, salsa or extra sizzling sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat 12-cup commonplace muffin pan with cooking spray. Put together Primary Nation Beef Breakfast Sausage. Stir chiles and cheese into sausage combination. Evenly divide combination into ready pan.
- Primary Nation Beef Breakfast Sausage: Mix 1 pound Floor Beef (93% lean or leaner), 2 teaspoons chopped recent sage or 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed pink pepper in giant bowl, mixing calmly however completely. Warmth giant nonstick skillet over medium warmth till sizzling. Add sausage combination; cook dinner 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 1/2-inch crumbles and stirring sometimes. Cook dinner’s Tip: Cooking instances are for recent or completely thawed floor beef. Floor beef needs to be cooked to an inside temperature of 160°F. Shade isn’t a dependable indicator of floor beef doneness.
- Whisk eggs, milk and sizzling sauce, as desired, in medium bowl. Evenly divide egg combination over sausage combination in muffin cups.
- Bake in 375°F oven 17 to twenty minutes or till egg combination is about and simply starting to brown. Let stand 2 minutes. Loosen edges; take away from muffin pan. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with Toppings, as desired.
Steak and Sugar Snap Pea Pasta Salad
- 12 ounces grilled beef steak, reduce into slices
- 1 cup raw gemelli or corkscrew pasta
- 2 cups recent sugar snap peas
- 1 cup grape or teardrop tomatoes , reduce in half
- Salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons recent grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup recent lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped recent parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Cook dinner pasta in keeping with package deal instructions. Throughout final 2 minutes of cooking time, add sugar snap peas; drain.
- Whisk dressing elements in small bowl till nicely blended; put aside.
- Mix pasta combination, tomatoes and beef steak slices in giant bowl. Drizzle pasta combination with dressing; toss to coat evenly. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
Copyright 2021 WMTV. All rights reserved.