Cooking dinner for one isn’t straightforward. It’s exhausting to search out the motivation to dedicate greater than quarter-hour to a meal that you just—and also you alone—are going to gobble up in about 5. Most recipes are crafted to feed a number of individuals, and whereas leftovers are nice, selection is the spice of life. Some meals are supposed to be only one and completed, you already know?
Every of the “dinner for one” recipes beneath is so full of protein that it’s the one dish you must make. The nourishing substances are fastidiously chosen for a totally satisfying meal for one. You won’t be cooking for anybody however your self, however feeding your self is a crucial act of self-care. So let’s get cooking, lets?
The perfect high-protein ‘dinner for one’ recipes
1. Baked feta salmon
You continue to have some feta leftover from the baked feta pasta craze, proper? On this recipe, Really feel Good Foodie creator Yumna Jawad combines high-protein feta with high-protein salmon. Cherry tomatoes, inexperienced pepper, purple onion, garlic, kalamata olives, oregano, basil, and many olive oil make this among the finest recipes once you’re cooking dinner for one—all these scrumptious substances, however you’ll solely have to scrub a single dish.
6 ouncesMOWI Important Contemporary Atlantic Salmon
1 cup cherry tomatoes quartered
1/4 cup chopped inexperienced pepper
1/4 cup chopped purple onion
2 Tbsp crumbled feta cheese
2 Tbsp pitted kalamata olives
1 garlic clove pressed
1/4 tsp salt divided
1/4 tsp oregano divided
1 Tbsp additional virgin olive oil
1/4 tsp crushed purple pepper
Contemporary basil for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Pat the salmon dry.
2. In an oven protected dish, place the cherry tomatoes, inexperienced peppers, purple onions, feta cheese, kalamata olives, garlic, half the salt and half the oregano oregano. Pour the olive oil on prime, and toss till effectively mixed.
3. Place the salmon in the course of the baking dish surrounded by all of the greens. Add the remaining oregano and crushed purple pepper on prime of the salmon. Drizzle extra olive oil if desired.
4. Bake within the preheated oven for quarter-hour, till the tomatoes soften and the salmon is cooked via.
5. Add contemporary basil leaves and serve with a facet of your alternative, if desired.
2. Turkey chili for one
Stuffed with turkey and beans, this scrumptious turkey chili recipe from One Dish Kitchen creator Joanie Zisk is chock-full of protein—and the beans double as fiber-source, too. Like with any good chili, spices are key. Right here, paprika, Italian seasoning, and garlic are all used. This hearty meal comes collectively in simply Half-hour.
2 tsp olive oil
2 oz. chopped onions
1 yellow or purple pepper , chopped
1 clove garlic , minced
5 oz. floor turkey
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 kosher salt
1/8 tsp coarsely floor black pepper
10 oz. canned tomatoes (with their juices)
2 oz. canned black beans , rinsed and drained
For topping: cheese, bitter cream, tortilla chips, or cilantro (elective)
1. Warmth the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium warmth.
2. Add the chopped onions and peppers. Cook dinner, stirring often for 2 minutes.
3. Add the minced garlic and cook dinner for one minute longer.
4. Subsequent, add within the floor turkey and break up the meat; stir often and cook dinner till not pink, about eight minutes.
5. Add the Italian seasoning, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper; stir for about 10 seconds.
6. Subsequent, add within the tomatoes and black beans. Carry to a boil, then scale back warmth and simmer for 10 minutes.
7. Style and alter seasonings and salt as vital. Garnish with Parmesan cheese, bitter cream, tortilla chips, or cilantro.
3. Hen tostadas for one
These rooster tostadas from Eat Mexico creator Lesley Téllez are excessive in protein and in addition completely gluten-free. The key to creating them stuffed with taste is in a tangy cabbage slaw and a dressing made with olive oil, salt, and pineapple vinegar. Don’t neglect to prime all of it off with scorching sauce.
1/4 small cabbage
1/4 carrot, grated
1/4 handful cilantro, coarsely chopped (leaves and stems)
1/4 Tbsp apple cider vinegar (or Rancho Gordo’s pineapple vinegar)
3/4 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/4 lb. boneless, skinless rooster thighs
1/4 tsp floor black pepper
1/4 peeled garlic clove
1/4 small white or yellow onion
1/2 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1/4 tsp floor cumin
For garnish: 1/4 lime, quartered
Scorching sauce of alternative
1/4 container Mexican crema
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. Minimize cabbage in half and slice thinly. Place in a bowl with the grated carrot and chopped cilantro.
3. Salt all the things generously and toss to mix.
4. In a small cup or bowl, whisk collectively 1 / 4 tablespoon olive oil and the pineapple or apple cider vinegar. Pour over the slaw and toss once more to mix. Cowl the slaw with an hermetic lid and chill within the fridge whilst you end the remaining objects.
5. Place the rooster thighs in a medium bowl and add 1 / 4 tablespoon olive oil, kosher salt, and the bottom black pepper, and blend till the meat is evenly coated.
6. Organize the meat on the baking sheet and bake till tender and browned on the edges, about 20 minutes.
7. Whereas the meat cooks, warmth the remaining olive oil (or every other impartial cooking oil) in a medium frying pan, over medium warmth. When scorching, add the peeled garlic clove and onion wedge and cook dinner till blistered and golden brown, about 4 minutes.
8. Add the drained beans in a single fast pour, together with 1 / 4 cup of water. (Decrease the flame if the beans begin to bounce and splatter an excessive amount of.)
9. Mash the beans till they’re half easy, half lumpy, including extra water if the beans look too pasty or dry.
10. Stir within the cumin and salt to style and scale back warmth to low.
11. Cowl and cook dinner for 5 minutes, stirring a couple of times to verify they don’t stick.
12. As soon as the rooster is completed, let it cool for a couple of minutes, then chop it into small, bite-size items.
13. To arrange tostadas, place one tostada on a plate and add a slather of refried beans. High with rooster and a hefty serving of the chilled slaw. Garnish with dollops of crema, a spritz of lime and a drizzle of scorching sauce.
4. Crispy baked tofu with candy chili sauce
For a meat-free “dinner for one” recipe, look no additional than this recipe from Felicia’s Fab Foodz. The key to getting the tofu completely crispy is patting it fully dry earlier than baking it. (Even higher is in case you freeze it in a single day.) The candy chili sauce is made with maple syrup, crushed purple pepper, inexperienced onion, and garlic—the right mixture of savory and tang.
For the tofu:
5-6 ouncesextra agency tofu
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp maple syrup
3 Tbsp cornstarch
For the candy chili sauce:
3 Tbsp maple syrup
3 Tbsp water
2 Tbsp white vinegar
1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
1 massive garlic clove (minced)
1 tsp inexperienced onion (finely chopped)
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp crushed purple pepper (or to style)
Put together the tofu:
1. Press the tofu with paper towel, eradicating as a lot liquid as attainable.
2. Non-obligatory (however really useful): Freeze tofu in a single day. The following day, let the tofu thaw, then press with paper towel once more. It will assist take away much more of the liquid.
3. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
4. Minimize the tofu into small cubes.
5. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, soy sauce and maple syrup. Toss the tofu on this combination till totally coated.
6. Toss the tofu in cornstarch till totally coated.
7. Switch to a parchment lined baking tray and bake at 400°F for about 25 minutes or till calmly browned and crispy.
Put together the candy chili sauce:
1. Mix all substances in a small bowl.
2. Switch to a saucepan and cook dinner over medium warmth, stirring often.
3. Cook dinner till bubbly and thick.
4. Take away from warmth and serve over baked tofu.
5. Vegan Italian meatball soup
On the lookout for vegan dinner recipes for one? Perhaps a meatball soup with out the meat? Yep, it’s attainable—and also you gained’t be lacking out on any of the protein both. Right here, the meatballs are made with lentils. Almond flour helps discover them collectively whereas garlic, Italian seasoning, and dietary yeast offers tons of taste.
For the meatballs:
1 tsp olive oil
1 medium shallot (minced)
3 cloves garlic (minced)
1 Tbsp flaxseed meal
1 Tbsp of olive oil,
1 1/2 cups cooked + cooled lentils (cooked in vegetable inventory)
1 1/2 Tbsp dried Italian seasonings
1/4 cup contemporary Italian parsley
1 Tbsp tomato paste
1 Tbsp dietary yeast
5-6 Tbsp vegan parmesan cheese (plus extra for coating)
1/4 tsp sea salt and black pepper to style
2 Tbsp of almond flour
For the soup:
2 Tbsp additional virgin olive oil
1/2 cup chopped yellow onion,
1 cup quarter-inch diced celery
2 garlic cloves, minced
8 cups vegetable broth
2 (14.5 ounce) cans petite diced tomatoes
1 rosemary sprig
2 bay leaves
1 Tbsp minced contemporary basil
1 Tbsp chopped contemporary parsley
2 zucchinis, zoodled
Pink himalayan salt and freshly floor black pepper
Put together the meatballs:
1. In a frying pan, sauté garlic and shallots in a single tablespoon of olive oil.
2. Pulse lentils, one teaspoon olive oil, sautéed garlic and shallot, Italian seasonings, flax meal, parsley and tomato paste.
3. Roll into balls and mud with almond flour. Sauté balls in a frying pan till golden brown, six to eight minutes. Add sauce and warmth over meatballs.
Put together the soup:
1. Preheat over to 400°F.
2. To arrange the soup, in a dutch oven over medium-high warmth, warmth the olive oil. Add the onion, carrots, celery, and garlic and saute till tender and aromatic, 4 to 6 minutes.
3. Add the broth, tomatoes, rosemary, bay leaves, basil, and parsley. Cowl, carry to a simmer over medium-high, flip the warmth to low, and simmer for Half-hour.
4. Take away the bay leaves and rosemary. Add the meatballs and zoodles, cowl and simmer for 5 minutes, till the meatballs and zoodles are heated via. Season with salt and pepper to style and serve.
6. Excessive-protein rooster bowl with cashew lime crema
The rooster isn’t the one high-protein ingredient on this colourful bowl. Black beans and toasted pumpkin seeds additionally majorly up the nutrient amount, too. Created by A Candy Pea Chef‘s Lacey Baier (who’s additionally a diet coach), this dish additionally contains roasted candy potatoes and cilantro rice. Topping all of it off is a creamy sauce, made in minutes with cashew nuts, lime, avocado, milk (or alt-milk), and garlic.
For the cashew lime crema Sauce:
3/4 cup uncooked cashews
2 cups boiling water
1/2 cup contemporary cilantro
1/2 cup natural entire milk plus extra as wanted
3 Tbsp contemporary lime juice (approx. 2 limes)
1/4 massive avocado
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
For the roasted candy potatoes:
2 candy potatoes, diced
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp floor black pepper
For the cilantro lime rice:
2 cups brown rice, raw
1 1/2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice (roughly 1 lime)
4 1/2 cups low sodium rooster broth
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup contemporary cilantro, chopped
For the Roasted Pumpkin Seeds:
1/2 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds), uncooked
1 tsp olive oil
1/4 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1 Tbsp lime juice (roughly 1/2 lime)
For the rooster:
2 boneless, skinless rooster breasts
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 1/4 tsp floor cumin
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp powdered garlic
1/4 tsp granulated onion
1 cup cooked black beans, rinsed and drained
Put together the cashew lime crema sauce:
1. Add the cashews right into a small bowl and canopy with the boiling water. Soak for one hour, then drain.
2. Add all the cashew cream substances right into a meals processor and course of till easy. Add sufficient milk to get desired easy consistency.
Put together the roasted candy potatoes:
1. To roast the candy potatoes, preheat oven to 425°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Toss the candy potatoes with the olive oil and seasonings. Place on the ready baking sheet and roast in preheated for 20-25 minutes, or till tender.
Put together the cilantro lime rice:
1. To make the cilantro lime brown rice, mix the brown rice, low sodium rooster broth, sea salt, and freshly squeezed lime juice in a deep inventory pot and produce to a simmer.
2. Cook dinner till the liquid is totally absorbed by the rice and the rice is tender, about 25-Half-hour. Then, toss in freshly chopped cilantro and stir to mix.
Put together the roasted pumpkin seeds:
1. Cut back warmth from 425°F to 350°F as soon as the candy potatoes are completed, and line one other rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Mix the substances for the pepitas in a small mixing bowl. Combine till totally mixed, after which unfold over the ready baking sheet.
3. Roast for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring midway. Then, take away from oven and funky.
Put together the rooster:
1. Make the seasoning mix for the rooster in a mixing bowl by combining the cumin, paprika, chili powder, powdered garlic, and granulated onion in a small bowl. Coat the rooster effectively.
2. Warmth olive oil in a big skillet over medium-high warmth. Add the seasoned rooster and cook dinner till golden-brown on each side and cooked via, about 4 to 6 minutes per facet. Then, take away from the skillet and permit to relaxation for 5 minutes earlier than slicing into skinny slices.
Put together the bowl:
1. Begin with filling the underside of a bowl with the cilantro lime rice, then add the cooked black beans, roasted candy potatoes, and sliced rooster excessive.
2. Drizzle with the crema and prime with the pumpkin seeds.
For extra wholesome recipes and cooking concepts from our neighborhood, be part of Nicely+Good’s Cook dinner With Us Fb group.