DAVENPORT, Iowa (KWQC) –
Hy-Vee registered dietitian, Nina Struss, RD, LDN, returns for 2 segments at this time to function some March favorites—NCAA event “Munch Insanity” snacks for this section (that includes a Greek dip with recipe beneath) and “Go for The Inexperienced” (that includes brussels sprouts) within the second section.
Once we take into consideration sitting in entrance of the TV to benefit from the basketball “insanity”, let’s not overlook easy methods to steadiness the basketball watching with wholesome game-day snacks. Excessive calorie, tempting game-days snacks can typically result in senseless consuming, which might jeopardize an individual’s diet targets. By specializing in wholesome game-day snacks and the easy act of mindful-snacking, you’ll rating a “slam-dunk” this basketball season.
Why snacks are vital: Present us with vitality between meals and stop us from over-eating at our subsequent meal. A wholesome snack is a “mini-meal” that contributes nutrient-rich meals for an total balanced food regimen. For most individuals, a 200-calorie snack is adequate.
Are you craving one-on-one diet help? Join with a Hy-Vee dietitian! Merely go to www.Hy-Vee.com/well being to search out your native Hy-Vee dietitian. From there, arrange your personal on-line well being portal through Healthie to achieve your Hy-Vee dietitian.
Greek Six Layer Dip (Serves 45)
- 1 (6 oz) container Hy-Vee plain Greek yogurt
- 1 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp chopped contemporary dill
- 2 tsp contemporary lemon juice
- ¼ tsp Hy-Vee kosher salt
- 2 (8 oz every) containers Hy-Vee roasted purple pepper hummus
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup sliced Greek olives
- ½ cup Hy-Vee crumbled feta cheese
- Lemon-Basil Garlic Chips
1. In small bowl, mix yogurt, garlic, dill, lemon juice and salt; put aside. Unfold hummus onto a 12-inch platter. Layer yogurt combination over hummus.
High with cucumber, tomatoes, olives and cheese. Serve with Lemon-Basil Garlic Chips.
Recipe supply: https://www.hy-vee.com/recipes-ideas/recipes/greek-six-layer-dip
Copyright 2021 KWQC. All rights reserved.
Let’s block adverts! (Why?)